Our Downtown on Main businesses have been the heartbeat of Spanish Fork for decades. Local families and entrepreneurs have brought an eclectic variety to the shopping choices on Main Street. Here are five reasons why it is worth going local to purchase some of your products and gifts:
- Keeps Spanish Fork’s Community Unique: Main Street businesses create an experience. Unlike “big box” locations, the Downtown Businesses provide an interesting array of products that satisfies unique needs in our town. Residents can find a new adventure in a familiar environment.
- Giving Back: Spanish Fork Main Street businesses donate typically more than twice as much per sales dollar to local non-profits, events, and teams compared to big businesses. Don’t believe it? Take a look at all the banners hanging on the fences at the baseball fields.
- Getting to Know You: Unlike national chains, residents have the opportunity to meet the “man behind the curtain.” Many business owners want to know their customers and make a personal connection. It creates a sense of community and allows the decision makers to create a better shopping experience.
- Support a Dream: When you buy from a business on Main Street you are supporting someone’s dream – not to mention somebody’s family.
- Keeping Dollars in the Local Economy: Most Main Street’s business owners live in the community. In return, they invest back into the community and preserve the characteristics of locally owned businesses. Sales tax that is generated from the businesses help fund our communities and vital services such as law enforcement.
By supporting a Main Street business you are helping foster a stronger community. Where we shop, eat, and have fun makes our community home.